Israel Seeks War on Iran to Keep Lid on 9/11,
by Kevin Barrett By wmw_admin on September 25, 2012
Almost every politically-aware person on the planet is puzzled by Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s bizarre obsession with Iran. Netanyahu is risking his political career, his reputation, and Israel’s future by intervening in the US presidential elections.
He is using all of Zionism’s considerable might – including organized crime assets like “Las Vegas Godfather” Sheldon Adelson – to force Obama to attack Iran; or, failing that, to make sure that Obama is defeated by the Zionist puppet Romney. There are even rumors of Israeli-sponsored assassination attempts on Obama.
Even the rabidly pro-Zionist Jewish Daily Forward has editorialized: “It’s difficult to recall a time when an Israeli prime minister has inserted himself into a presidential election campaign in the way that Benjamin Netanyahu has. It’s even harder to recall a time when a trusted ally openly urged the American president to undertake a questionable, unpopular and highly risky war. We sure hope Netanyahu knows what he’s doing, because the stakes for him – and for the two nations he professes to care about the most – could not be higher.”
The Jewish Daily Forward has good reasons to wonder whether Netanyahu knows what he’s doing. The editorialist cites polls showing that the American people strongly oppose attacking Iran, even if war breaks out between Iran and Israel and only US intervention could save Israel! These polls show that American voters no longer give a damn whether Israel, which has chosen to live by the sword, finally dies by the sword. As Dave Lindorff observes, Netanyahu’s mad obsession with pushing the US into yet another unwanted war for Israel “may have fundamentally undermined the long-standing ‘special relationship’ between the US and Israel.”
And still Netanyahu continues on this seemingly suicidal course. He even orders the Mossad and its CIA assets including Gladio veteran Terry Jones to unleash a rabidly anti-Islam film, spammed into the faces of every Muslim on the planet via millions of dollars of computer server time and intelligence agency expertise – an obvious attempt to fan the flames of Islamophobia and pave the way to a US war on Iran for Israel. Obama, who is on record saying he hates Netanyahu and that Netanyahu is a liar, and who knows that Netanyahu manufactured the “Innocence of Muslims” crisis to try to get Romney elected, responded by refusing to meet with Netanyahu in New York, and going on the David Letterman Show instead. A more blatant snub could hardly be imagined. “I am in charge if America, understand?”
So, what in the world is Netanyahu really up to? Does he actually believe that Iran has a nuclear weapons program, even though the CIA has certified that it does not?
Of course, he doesn’t really believe such nonsense. Even hard-line Israeli strategists admit that Iran appears to be only developing nuclear expertise, not actual weapons. Furthermore, Iran has not attacked another nation in centuries.
Since the “nuclear crisis” is a hoax (like alleged Iraqi WMD in 2003), then what is the real reason for Netanyahu’s Iran obsession? Is it the Iranian government’s support for anti-Zionist resistance groups like Hamas and Hezbollah, and its calls for an end to Zionism through free and fair elections?
Perhaps. Iran’s open commitment to principled anti-Zionism represents the nearly unanimous position of the people of the Middle East, who have never accepted the genocidal Zionist entity as a legitimate state. Israel has been able to bully every other government in the region into shameful silence. The Islamic Republic of Iran will not be silenced. Threats to level Iran with bombs seeks to send a message to future Middle Eastern governments: Do not give a voice to your people’s resistance to Zionism, or else!
But while starting a war might seek to punish Iran for its anti-Zionism, such a war would carry terrible risks for Israel. In the impossible event that all goes well for Israel on the battlefield, the suffering of the people of Iran would probably shame the world into turning against Zionism even more sharply than the world turned against apartheid in the 1980s.
But there is no guarantee that things would go well for Israel on the battlefield. Iran has the capability to riddle Israel with rocket attacks, or even to take out Israel’s Dimona nuclear facility and perhaps render Israel and much of the surrounding region permanently uninhabitable. And Israel does not have the capability to seriously damage Iran’s nuclear energy program without US help. If the US intervened on the side of Israel, Iran could shut the Straits of Hormuz, and possibly sink many, if not all, of the ships there with Sunburn missiles, driving gasoline prices over USD 10 a gallon and paralyzing the world economy.
Additionally, Iran has the capability to massively attack the US bases that surround it, killing thousands, if not tens of thousands, of US soldiers. A US president, especially one who dislikes Netanyahu and puts America’s interests ahead of Israel’s, would be very unlikely to help Netanyahu attack Iran
Though these 45 American bases threaten Iran, Iran nevertheless has the ability to destroy each of these bases with its long-range missiles, inflicting death on tens of thousands of American soldiers. Iranian anti-ship missiles (like the deadly Sunburns) can easily sink America’s huge aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf, drowning 7000 marines on board each ship. (LD)
“The entire lake will become a killing field…the Gulf will run red with American blood.” — Military specialist Mark Gaffney.
Given that a war on Iran is an all-loss proposition for Israel, why is Netanyahu fanatically fanning the flames of war, to the extent that even his American Zionist cheering section is baffled and embarrassed by his behavior?
Some question Netanyahu’s intelligence, arguing that he is just a furniture salesman who has been promoted far beyond his level of competence. While there may be some truth to this – I certainly wouldn’t want to overestimate Netanyahu’s intelligence – I don’t think he’s quite that stupid. I think Netanyahu has a very good reason to prefer war with Iran, despite all its risks, to peace. I think he does know what he’s doing.
Netanyahu needs the 9/11-triggered 100-years-war on Islam to continue for the very good reason that if it does not, the State of Emergency still in place in the US will be lifted, and Americans, unencumbered by the National Security restrictions of wartime, will quickly learn what really happened on September 11th, 2001. That possibility poses a very real existential threat to Israel – and to Netanyahu.
As Alan Sabrosky, former Director of Strategic Studies at the US Army War College, told Press TV: “I have had long conversations over the past two weeks with contacts at the Army War College, at the Headquarters Marine Corps, and I have made it absolutely clear in both cases that it is 100 percent certain that 9/11 was a Mossad operation. Period. If Americans ever know that Israel did this, they are going to scrub them off the earth.”
And even if Israel were “scrubbed off the earth” peacefully through a one-state solution, Netanyahu would certainly hang for his role in the 9/11 attacks.
- Search in:
- Sort by:
- Search in:
UK Column NEWS Archives and more.
You know something is not what it should be. Find out how bad it really is and what you can do about it.
Austerity and Injustice, War and Conflict are not Human Givens. They don't support life and happiness.
We don't want them, we don't need them, we don't like them - and we don't have to put up with them.
But many of us will need a term or two of wake and shake before we can see our way clear to help make it better.
Try it, you'll probably like it!
Where in the World?…
- http://www.ukcolumn.org/ukcolumn-news/uk-column-new-27th-july-2015 July 27, 2015
- Ken Clarke dismisses accused man’s grope claims as ‘preposterous’ – yahoo July 27, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] The Structural Elite narrative of Ukraine is false on many levels – criticalthinking.org – by way of Tony Gosling July 27, 2015
- FW: T20140525 PH Remand in custody? – Will you please tell us how & why this violation of the law of the land is allowed to happen? – Norman Scarth July 27, 2015
- This is pure fascist coup d’tat stuff. What has Britain come to? We pay for these thugs – Tim Veater July 27, 2015
- FW: [PEOPLE POWER] Government confirms that UK citizens CANNOT… – Annette July 27, 2015
- The Eroding Character of the American People — Paul Craig Roberts – Tim Veater July 27, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Revelations from Ukraine Maidan Massacre trial unreported in the west – Tony Gosling July 27, 2015
- Other News – Europe’s Impossible Dream – Nadia July 27, 2015
- Re: [UK-911-Truth] An Open Letter to Britain’s Leading Violent Extremist: David Cameron – cem July 27, 2015
- FW: [Lawful Rebellion (for the recruitment and movement of Lawful Rebels)] Crawford Castle… Latest. Co… Annette July 27, 2015
- Seeking asylum in the UK, and Farewell to Alan Rusbridger (Guardian Newspaper) – William Finnerty July 27, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Texas shock jock Alex Jones calls for deportation of all Muslims as they are the real threat – Tony Gosling July 26, 2015
- The Link between the Crime of Usury and Anti-Semitism. To Andy from Kenn d’Oudney, DEMOCRACY DEFINED. July 26, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Hidden ferry workers’ grievances behind the Calais chaos – Tony Gosling July 26, 2015
- Not-so smart meters – Rex – DEEPLY CONCERNING STUFF – IF YOU WANT TO LIVE. July 26, 2015
- ‘Experiment Earth?’: technologies that involve the deliberate and large scale manipulation of the Earth’s climate system to reduce the extent and impact of climate change. – Rex July 26, 2015
- “They are even able to rationalise their anti-social cruelty to the point they may literally cheer and snigger in delight as they do so” – Ray July 26, 2015
- “We must be potty as a nation to put up with the whole rotten lot of these little dictators,they disgust me.” Annette July 26, 2015
- He is to appear in York Crown Court on Monday 27th July 2015, facing God knows what trumped up charges. – Mike Clayton July 25, 2015
- UK Column NEWS Friday 24th July 2015 July 25, 2015
- Tony Gosling: [UK-911-Truth] An Open Letter to Britain’s Leading Violent Extremist: David Cameron July 25, 2015
- PeterH. NuDate Jan2015? Jan2015?? Jan2015?!?! – Norman Scarth July 25, 2015
- T20140525.YorkCrwnCt.Violations-Article6. Hof. – Norman Scarth July 25, 2015
- YorkCrwnCt. PeterH.FoI request. T20140525 – Norman Scarth July 25, 2015
- July 2015 (183)
- June 2015 (228)
- May 2015 (240)
- April 2015 (212)
- March 2015 (255)
- February 2015 (189)
- January 2015 (365)
- December 2014 (216)
- November 2014 (243)
- October 2014 (166)
- September 2014 (210)
- August 2014 (305)
- July 2014 (337)
- June 2014 (252)
- May 2014 (394)
- April 2014 (348)
- March 2014 (460)
- February 2014 (297)
- January 2014 (313)
- December 2013 (336)
- November 2013 (312)
- October 2013 (332)
- September 2013 (289)
- August 2013 (173)
- July 2013 (295)
- June 2013 (403)
- May 2013 (374)
- April 2013 (422)
- March 2013 (713)
- February 2013 (391)
- January 2013 (278)
- December 2012 (230)
- November 2012 (291)
- October 2012 (190)
- September 2012 (121)
- August 2012 (214)
- July 2012 (367)
- June 2012 (211)
- May 2012 (304)
- April 2012 (362)
- March 2012 (246)
- February 2012 (206)
- January 2012 (254)
- December 2011 (369)
- November 2011 (345)
- October 2011 (533)
- September 2011 (289)
- August 2011 (236)
- July 2011 (160)
- June 2011 (311)
- May 2011 (314)
- April 2011 (160)
- March 2011 (184)
- February 2011 (172)
- January 2011 (152)
- December 2010 (161)
- November 2010 (108)
- October 2010 (76)
- September 2010 (31)
Get Out Of Debt Free