- Search in:
- Sort by:
- Search in:
UK Column NEWS Archives and more.
You know something is not what it should be. Find out how bad it really is and what you can do about it.
Austerity and Injustice, War and Conflict are not Human Givens. They don't support life and happiness.
We don't want them, we don't need them, we don't like them - and we don't have to put up with them.
But many of us will need a term or two of wake and shake before we can see our way clear to help make it better.
Try it, you'll probably like it!
Where in the World?…
- [UK-911-Truth] Germanwings 9525 – 150 more victims of 911 lies – Tony Gosling April 1, 2015
- LET’S GET OUT ONTO THE STREETS WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT CRIMINAL BANKERS, CORRUPT COURTS AND ESTABLISHMENT-LED CHILD ABUSE AND CHECKMATE ALL OUR TREASONOUS POLITICIANS! March 31, 2015
- UK Column NEWS Tuesday 31st March 2015 March 31, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] PHOTOS: U.S.-Saudi war crimes against Yemeni civilians – cem March 31, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Transcript of Sayyed Nasrallah’s speech on March 27, 2015 – cem March 31, 2015
- past links and everyman’s law – des March 31, 2015
- Dear All, Runnymede Gazette; March 2015; attached, Best wishes Frank Taylor March 31, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] ISIS girls from UK aided by Canadian Spy – CBC News – Reuters – Sheila Coombes March 31, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] President al-Assad: “Legitimacy comes from the inside, Syrians are more united and resolved to protect their country” – cem March 31, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Ansarullah: “Yemeni nation’s response to Saudi Arabia will change the map of the region”- cem March 31, 2015
- UK Column NEWS Monday 30th March 2015 March 30, 2015
- ‘ ……………. were suddenly labelled “reactionary,” and “racist” by the powerful liberal media. – Dave Barnby March 30, 2015
- No audio from either pilot, but they have enough info to know it was not decompression – uk.flightaware.com/n…. March 29, 2015
- Tom says: The story we’re being spun this morning about a pilot being locked out of the cockpit is absolutely ludicrous. March 29, 2015
- [UK-911-Truth] Flashback to March 29, 2011: Over 6 million people marched across Syria in support of President al-Assad – cem March 29, 2015
- and ATI (automatic/tranquil-Infusion) which introduces tranquilizing-gas into the airliner’s entire interior.” March 29, 2015
- Try This: An aircraft cockpit door system is disclosed comprising a bulletproof cockpit door and bulkhead, and a bulletproof lavatory isolation door and bulkhead. March 29, 2015
- Tory and UKIP MEPS vote AGAINST proposals to crack down on tax dodging March 29, 2015
- Virgin Care among firms with lucrative NHS deals and a tax haven status March 29, 2015
- Her initial excuse was that she had met all the authorities perpetrating the cover-up and “well, they had ‘explained’ everything”. Under pressure she admitted she was pulled off the case. March 29, 2015
- The real battle we face is not between left and right, that is a smoke screen, the real battle is between Corporatists and the rest of us – that should be easy to win. Dave Barnby March 29, 2015
- It would be helpful if Detective Chief Superintendent Tim De Meyer, Head of Professional Standards, Thames Valley Police would:- Leonard Lawrence – via Kate March 29, 2015
- KINDLY USE THIS REDACTED VERSION INSTEAD: US on world stage bowing to an audience of none – Don Hank March 29, 2015
- Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd, speaking at the Global Law Summit, said:- and At the same event, the Lord Chancellor Chris Grayling had this to say: March 29, 2015
- Arrest the Government – Fracking Nightmare – Episode 48 – Apathy Kills March 29, 2015
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (255)
- February 2015 (189)
- January 2015 (365)
- December 2014 (216)
- November 2014 (243)
- October 2014 (166)
- September 2014 (210)
- August 2014 (305)
- July 2014 (337)
- June 2014 (252)
- May 2014 (394)
- April 2014 (348)
- March 2014 (460)
- February 2014 (297)
- January 2014 (313)
- December 2013 (336)
- November 2013 (312)
- October 2013 (332)
- September 2013 (289)
- August 2013 (173)
- July 2013 (295)
- June 2013 (403)
- May 2013 (374)
- April 2013 (422)
- March 2013 (713)
- February 2013 (391)
- January 2013 (278)
- December 2012 (230)
- November 2012 (291)
- October 2012 (190)
- September 2012 (121)
- August 2012 (214)
- July 2012 (367)
- June 2012 (211)
- May 2012 (304)
- April 2012 (362)
- March 2012 (246)
- February 2012 (206)
- January 2012 (254)
- December 2011 (369)
- November 2011 (345)
- October 2011 (533)
- September 2011 (289)
- August 2011 (236)
- July 2011 (160)
- June 2011 (311)
- May 2011 (314)
- April 2011 (160)
- March 2011 (184)
- February 2011 (172)
- January 2011 (152)
- December 2010 (161)
- November 2010 (108)
- October 2010 (76)
- September 2010 (31)
Get Out Of Debt Free
Robert Fisk -The Big Lie about Syria’s Chemical Weapons – Sheila C. [UK-911-Truth]
The big lie about Syria’s chemical weapons: won’t get fooled again?
09 December 2012
Robert Fisk & Alex Thomson
All the usual pseudo-experts who couldn’t find Syria on a map have been warning us again of the mustard gas, chemical agents, biological agents that Syria might possess – and might use.
Alex Thomson, Channel 4 News: Cooked-up WMD ‘evidence’.
THE BIGGER THE LIE the more people will believe it. We all know who said that – but it still works. Bashar al-Assad has chemical weapons. He may use them against his own Syrian people. If he does, the West will respond.
We heard all this stuff last year – and Assad’s regime repeatedly said that if – if – it had chemical weapons, it would never use them against Syrians.
But now Washington is playing the same gas-chanty all over again.
Bashar has chemical weapons. He may use them against his own people. And if he does…
Well if he does, Obama and Madame Clinton and Nato will be very, very angry. But over the past week, all the usual pseudo-experts who couldn’t find Syria on a map have been warning us again of the mustard gas, chemical agents, biological agents that Syria might possess – and might use.
And the sources? The same fantasy specialists who didn’t warn us about 9/11 but insisted that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction in 2003: “unnamed military intelligence sources”. Henceforth to be acronymed as UMIS.
And now, the coup de théâtre. Someone from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation called me up this week to talk about the use of chemical weapons by Hafez al-Assad in Hama during the Sunni Muslim uprising in the city in 1982. Their sources were the same old UMIS. But I happened to have got into Hama in February 1982 – which is why the Canadian was calling me – and while Hafez’s Syrian army was very definitely slaughtering its own people (who were, by the way, slaughtering regime officials and their families), no one ever used chemical weapons.
Not a single soldier I saw in Hama carried a gas mask. No civilians carried gas masks. The dangerously perfumed air which I and my colleagues smelt after chemicals were used by our (then) ally Saddam against Iranian soldiers in the 1980s was not present. And none of the dozens of civilian survivors I have interviewed in the 30 years since 1982 ever mentioned the use of gas.
But now we are to believe that it was used. And so the infantile new fairy tale has begun: Hafez al-Assad used gas against his own people in Hama 30 years ago. So his son Bashar may do the same again. And wasn’t that one of the reasons we invaded Iraq in 2003 – because Saddam had used gas against his own people already and may do so again?
Yes, the bigger the lie, the better. Certainly we journos have done our duty in disseminating this bunkum. And Bashar – whose forces have committed quite enough iniquities – is about to be accused of another crime which he has not yet committed and which his father never did commit. Yup, chemical weapons are bad news, folks. That’s why the US supplied Saddam with the components for them, along with Germany (of course).
That’s why, when Saddam first used gas on Halabja, the UMIS told CIA officers to blame Iran. And yes, Bashar probably does have some chemicals in rusting bins somewhere in Syria. Madame Clinton has been worrying that they may “fall into the wrong hands” – as if they are presently “in the right hands”. But the Russians have told Bashar not to use them. Would he piss off his only superpower ally?
And by the way, which was the first army to use gas in the Middle East? Saddam? Nope. The Brits, of course, under General Allenby, against the Turks in Sinai in 1917. And that’s the truth.
Won’t get fooled again?
By Alex Thomson, Channel 4 News
We need to remind ourselves in the UK that we won’t get fooled again.
Once more, weapons of mass destruction could become weapons of mass deception at screaming high volume these past few days. From the western media who, in the heated atmosphere pre-Iraq and under pressure from Bush and Blair, brought us the Baghdad WMD story, now we have the “Damascus chemical weapons threat”.
William Hague has said any use of chemical weapons would invite an immediate western military response. The Americans too.
The US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta said : “The president of the United States has made very clear that there will be consequences. There will be consequences if the Assad regime makes a terrible mistake by using these chemical weapons on their (sic) own people.”
And the president: “A red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilised. That would change my calculus.” Well, that was Obama back in August, and recent days have only ramped up the bottom line: you use chemical weapons – we bomb you.
But just to be old fashioned: what’s the evidence of any threat? What’s the basis for all this? What, in short, are they all talking about? Yes, by all accounts Syria has nerve and chemical agents. But possession does not mean threat of use. Israel is not credibly threatening to use nuclear weapons against Iran, despite possessing them.
Equally, as yet there simply is little credible evidence Syria is threatening to use chemical or nerve agents against its own people. Finally, after days of evidence-free rhetoric from the US government and their ever-obedient Westminster franchise, it was left to UN boss Sec-Gen Ban Ki Moon to point out that there is, as yet, no confirmation that Syria is preparing to use them.
“Recently we have been receiving alarming news that the Syrian government may be preparing to use chemical weapons. We have no confirmed reports on this matter,” Ban said after visiting a Syrian refugee camp in Turkey. Vague US “intelligence reports” are routinely and often unquestioningly trotted out in US papers as the basis for Obama, Panetta and Clinton wagging their fingers at Damascus.
This then gets taken up elsewhere, and the story built upon nothing is soon accepted as global fact when it’s nothing of the kind. After Iraq and WMD, if the CIA or MI6 say it’s cold at the north pole, any sensible person would seek at least a couple more sources or would fly there and check. So they should look to produce the evidence that Syria has begun mixing chemicals as a preparation for use (and thus an excuse for the west to consider bombing) or perhaps stop theregular calls for it to be stopped.
We should question why, and why now, there is suddenly a supposed chemical weapons “threat”? Where’s the proof? What is the evidence? The past should be a lesson to us all.